Port William Excursion
· 20 minute scenic flight Invercargill to Stewart Island
· transfers from Oban to Lee Bay
· 3 hour coastal / bush walk from Lee Bay to historic Port William
· 30 minute water taxi transfer
· optional overnight(s) in Oban
· optional picnic lunch available (if pre-ordered ) $15 per person
· 2-9 adults
· 20 minute scenic return flight Stewart Island to Invercargill
Complete the first section of one of "New Zealand's Great Walks". This trip begins at Lee Bay, the official entry to the Rakiura National Park. Continue by foot along a well formed path for about an 1.5-2hrs to Maori Beach, the site of a 1913 timber mill.
A further 1-1.5hrs brings you to your destination of Port William which is full of history, from early Maori Villages, sealing and whaling bases, the first police station in 1867 and much more. Add to all of this, a visually stunning environment!
After enjoying Port William, sit back, relax and enjoy the view of the trek you have just completed aboard a water taxi on the gentle coastal waters back to Halfmoon Bay.
There are a variety of options for this activity
- 1 Day - Fly in early, complete the Port William excursion and fly out late.
- Multi Day - Fly in, walk to Port William, stay the night at the DOC hut and water taxi back the next day. Add a fishing trip on the way back to Oban and make this the ultimate Stewart Island activity. (Hut pass and fishing an additional cost)
Comfortable walking shoes and warm clothing a must
Port William Excursion Adult $268.00 (Minimum 2 Adults) Child $149.00
View Port William Excursion in a larger map